All about my latest achievements

Biographical Video Portraiture (Production Log)
  • 28/02/2014 Production pitch
  • 10/03/2014 Started quick sketching my idea.
  • 21/03/2014 Met up with client, came up with an idea to create a 3D flat that would represent his dream home. It will be populated with objects that are relevant to his persona. Started sketching the flat. The camera would hoover across the room and show close ups of those objects. As well as the room will have photos of characters, which will turn into videos once the camera is focused on them.
  • 28/03/2014 During the production meeting I demonstrated a basic examples of the room that will be used for animation. I mentioned my plan to animate “photo frames” on the walls and around the room. I also want to use an ink-drop effect on the walls every time photos are brought to life: the walls would change their appearance into a canvas with words or relevant story.

  •  

  • 4/04/2014 Presented sketches to the client. Discussed the overall plan of the flat

     

  • 7/04/2014 Presented a draft 3D plan of the flat. Client approved but requested to add a big window that would cover entire wall. Also briefed the client regarding the upcoming shooting

top

  • 15/04/2014 Shooting
  • 16/04/2014 Was working on mise-en-scene details, modelling better frames, stereo and other objects. This was done with close contact with a client and changes were made according to his feedback. Also proposed the idea of how to portray his travelling experience – turning a figurine of the plane into monuments of the countries. Client approved the idea.
  • 18/04/2014 Started editing video and photos.
  • 21/04/2014 Finalised 3D scene.
  • 22/04/2014 Finished editing captured video and photo materials to be applied on objects in 3D scene as textures. Used Photoshop to cut images onto layers and animate them in AfterEffects
  • 23/04/2014 Started animating in 3ds max
  • 02/05/2014 Finished animating. Started rendering in 3ds max
  • 07/05/2014 Finished rendering, started editing the whole sequence together. I rendered each frame in targa format so I imported all frames as a targa sequence. Created titles and credits. Added sound effects and music track.
  • 14/05/2014 Focus group review. Click here to watch the video. During review the following changes were suggested
  1. Change titles and credits, possibly remove them all together. End the video with a photo of client and his girlfriend together, reinforce the idea that they were engaged recently.
  2. Make castle’s model look more appealing, possibly put it in the snow-globe.
  3. Remove a few annoying sound effects (particularly “splatter” sound effect during the guitar sequence)
  • 15/05/2014 as it was suggested – I changed the castle’s model. I put it into a snow-globe

10286809_10152249004402886_4631269822174160507_o

  • 16/05/2014 changed the opening titles. I decided to put another frame with a video sequence with a brief title

sketch191721221

  • 17/05/2014 Worked on the ending sequence. It now ends with a shot of two photo-frames and an engagement ring between them to make it more personal.

ending

  • 18/05/2014 Started rendering the whole sequence
  • 20/05/2014 Finished rendering and started editing. All I needed to do is to adjust audio from the original version and sync it with new one, as well as edit out sound effects that focus group found annoying.